Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

> > Is that te reason, why Gnome is broken in the newest Release?
>
> No, they tried their best. But GNOME 1.0 was simply to broken.

that's not true. Debian created very well working packages.
gnome-session is broken, ack, but not the rest. and gnome-session is still
useable. so if theirs isn't working as good, maybe they had not enough
time to get good packages or were not motivated or they are not as good
as the debian people :-) guess it was too few time for them.

> KDE was free since the beginning (I was my fault that KDE chose (L)GPL)

this is correkt.

KDE was always free software based on a non-free software library.
with a KDE based on qt2.0 it will be free software (without any addition).

at least in general. as usual there are exceptions (3rd party code used
with different licences, or author-to-lazy-to-include-a-copyright-statement).

andreas