Re: Hrm. Now I know why this list is dead

[Quoting Martin Konold <konold@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>]:

> On 21 May 1999, Jonas Luster wrote:
>
> > > Nonsense. SuSE includes GNOME for a long time and clearly says so
> > > in their advertising. The top priority in their package compilation
> > > are the demands of their customers. The people making big press
> >
> > Is that te reason, why Gnome is broken in the newest Release?
>
> No, they tried their best. But GNOME 1.0 was simply to broken. They even
> advertized GNOME as beeing a stable product. IMHO this was just plain
> wrong from a technical point of view.

Okay, I suppose there's someone doing RPMs for the next Version (it's
three months until then IIRC) that are not broken. Don't get me wrong,
IMHO variety is the spice of life and - besides not using it - I like
what KDE has done for the Unix/Linux Community, especially in
germany/europe.

jonas