Re: Gnome/KDE printing... (fwd)

On 27 Jun 1999 10:52:41 -0400, Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna@total.net> wrote:

>I'm a KDE'r in a small way.  I read your GNOME June 14-21 summary
>on LinuxToday.  You mentioned both Christian, and easy printing on
>UNIX.

There really isn't any need to bring printing up on this list, because
there's no interoperability between KDE & GNOME apps that would result by
agreeing on a common printing system.

(CUPS does sound cool, but this is pretty much an issue of whether the
apps talk IPP or LPR to the print daemon, not whether the apps talk IPP or
LPR to apps of the other persuasion.)

Carry on,
-- Elliot
You're not being rude. I'm just a moron.