Re: Libsigc++ for KDE/Qt

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999, Karl Nelson wrote:
> Hello, it has been over a month since I last received a reply
> on this subject.  The topic has appeared on LWN and the GNOME
> sites since that time, and yet I have gotten no requests for
> assistance or for the technical information that I have offered
> to provide.  Thus it appears that at least some people in the
> community feel that making the switch would be a good idea.
> Since I have received no requests for changes I will be upping
> libsigc++ to 1.0 as is.  (following the release of gtk-- 1.1.0)

libsigc++ looks very good but think of the massive amount of work needed to
convert from QT signals/slots to libsigc++. I know libsigc++ offers some
features we might want for KDE but nothing we _need_.

> Is there anyone in the KDE side who is evaluating the possiblity
> of using libsigc++ in KDE/Qt?  Is there going to be a developers
> (KDE) version Qt?  (No, Mosfet was not speeking in the context of Harmony
> as Kurt indicated, as I have emails were Mosfet specifically stating Qt
> and not Harmony.  Thus there is obviously still some miscommunication on
> the KDE side.)  And what technical changes are required in libsigc++ for
> KDE use?

There are no plans to maintain a special KDE version of Qt. The Trolls implement
every feature we request and accept patches from the community. There is
currently no need for a kQt.

Greetings, Matthias

--
Matthias Elter