Re: Working together

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Christian Esken wrote:

> KDE will ship with its current DnD implementation, too. So Gnome and KDE
> will not be compatible today. But in the future we need a common DnD.
> IMO it should be XDND. Opinions?

The upcoming Qt will have XDND and kde will most probably make use of that
superiour DND (the current propriatory KDE implementation is semi working
and very dependent on kdelib) which is toolkit independent. I do know of
other projects which will/do support the open standard XDND.

Yours,
-- martin

Linus: "Microsoft makes bad programs but they have good user interfaces"
Stefan: "Even Linus can be wrong..."
Torben: "Linus is not wrong, but KDE people make VERY good user interfaces"
             *** KDE the choice of a GUI generation ***