Re: DND

> I'm not an expert on this, but from what I've heard a) Motif dnd is Bad,
> subject to various technical problems and b) the specs aren't freely
> available, it would have to be licensed or some such (although even if
> one did want to license it I highly doubt the source could just be
> dropped into the freely available GNOME or KDE source for everyone to
> see).

I want to clear up this issue:

	1. Motif DnD is not bad.  It is just complex to implement.

	   The Gtk+/GNOME team (specifically, Owen Taylor) believes
	   that interoperability with Motif is worth the effort and
	   tha the protocol will pay of in the future.

	   Motif DnD is the most complete X DnD protocol.

	2. Specification for the Motif DnD protocol is freely
	   available in a number of places.  No licenses are required.

best wishes,
Miguel.