Re: DND

> My personal feeling is that both KDE and GNOME should be able
> to interact via Drag and Drop with Motif applications unless
> there was some good reason why it is totally and utterly impossible
> to do.

I'm not an expert on this, but from what I've heard a) Motif dnd is Bad,
subject to various technical problems and b) the specs aren't freely
available, it would have to be licensed or some such (although even if
one did want to license it I highly doubt the source could just be
dropped into the freely available GNOME or KDE source for everyone to
see).  Assuming this is true (which I'm not positive) then the answer
would be that it is indeed totally and utterly impossible to use Motif
dnd.

-Josh Arnold