Re: GNOME Journal issue by women is ON!

Lennart will be here next week in Portland.  He won't be able to escape me.  Let me know what you want me to ask him.  I usually just bully him to do what I want. :-)

sri

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Jayson Rowe <jayson rowe gmail com> wrote:
FYI: I still haven't heard back from Lennart... anyone know of anyone that could do a "quick" BTS for Oct?!?

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
Stormy reached out recently about having an issue of GJ written all by women.  I'm happy to say that she has found some writers, and our November issue will be a special edition of GNOME Journal.

If you would like to contribute additional articles, please reply to me, Stormy or the GNOME Women mailing list.

Don't forget articles are due 10/1 for our Multimedia special edition, and after Issue 18 (GNOME Women on 11/15) I'd like to get Issue 19 out as well on Dec. 15th.

Thanks!

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org>
Date: Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Subject: GNOME Journal issue by women is ON!
To: Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinaz redhat com>, Cathy Malmrose <zareason gmail com>, Diana Kotoshi gmail com
Cc: "paul r cutler gmail com" <pcutler gnome org>

We are good to go for an issue of GNOME Journal written by women! We'll be the November 15th issue, which means all of our articles are due on November 1st. Articles should be 1000-1750 words.

Here is what we have so far:
  • GNOME Shell - Marina Zhurakhinskaya
  • Epiphany from a user perspective - Diana Katherine Horqque
  • 7 year old girls building computers for their grandparents - Cathy Malmrose
  • TBD - Stormy Peters
Paul Cutler, the editor of GNOME Journal, has updated the submission queue to include us, http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal/ArticleSubmissionQueue. You can find writing guidelines here, http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal.

If you have any questions or need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. (And keep recruiting more women to join us!)

I'm very excited that we are doing this!

Best,

Stormy

-jayson