Re: Issue 17 Planning

Mark me down for the interview with Christian Schaller fo Gstreamer. Do you happen to have his email address handy?

On 09/10/2009 10:22 AM, Paul Cutler wrote:
Hi all, now that Issue 16 is out the door, wanted to talk about Issue 17

Issue 17 will be a "Multimedia" themed issue.  So far, we have 4
confirmed articles:

* Behind the Scenes with Lennart Poettering (Jayson Rowe)
* Writing multimedia applications in Vala (Jim Nelson)
* Pitivi review (Jono Bacon)
* Transmageddon review (Jorge Castro)

I'm excited to say that 2 of these authors are new to GNOME Journal!
(And of course, thank you to our returning authors!)

One suggestion left on my blog yesterday, is to do an interview with
Christian Schaller of Gstreamer fame.  Anyone want to volunteer for
this?  Or, if not, anyone have ideas for questions to ask him?  (I'm not
a Gstreamer expert, but I'd be happy to do the interview).

One idea Jorge had, which I absolutely love, is since it's a multimedia
issue, we should use multimedia!  Jorge's idea is to do a screencast of
Transmageddon and embed it.  To do that, we're going to need to migrate
to Wordpress, which we've been talking about for the last 6 months.
I've followed up with Jeff Waugh, maintainer of
<>.  I will send out a separate email about the
migration and the tasks we'll need to do to complete the move.

If anyone has any suggestions for more articles, or would like to write
one, we'd love to have you!

Gnome-journal-list mailing list
Gnome-journal-list gnome org