Issue 17 Planning

Hi all, now that Issue 16 is out the door, wanted to talk about Issue 17 briefly.

Issue 17 will be a "Multimedia" themed issue.  So far, we have 4 confirmed articles:

* Behind the Scenes with Lennart Poettering (Jayson Rowe)
* Writing multimedia applications in Vala (Jim Nelson)
* Pitivi review (Jono Bacon)
* Transmageddon review (Jorge Castro)

I'm excited to say that 2 of these authors are new to GNOME Journal!  (And of course, thank you to our returning authors!)

One suggestion left on my blog yesterday, is to do an interview with Christian Schaller of Gstreamer fame.  Anyone want to volunteer for this?  Or, if not, anyone have ideas for questions to ask him?  (I'm not a Gstreamer expert, but I'd be happy to do the interview).

One idea Jorge had, which I absolutely love, is since it's a multimedia issue, we should use multimedia!  Jorge's idea is to do a screencast of Transmageddon and embed it.  To do that, we're going to need to migrate to Wordpress, which we've been talking about for the last 6 months.  I've followed up with Jeff Waugh, maintainer of blogs.gnome.org.  I will send out a separate email about the migration and the tasks we'll need to do to complete the move.

If anyone has any suggestions for more articles, or would like to write one, we'd love to have you!

Paul