Re: Issue 17 Status (& Help Needed)

The next issue will be Issue 17 - Women in GNOME scheduled for 11/15 with
articles due 11/1.

I've now updated the http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal wiki pages to reflect this. The Article Submission Queue suggests people haven't made progress on their articles yet, and we're ten days from the due date; is that so?

Who's the release coordinator/editor for Issue 17? I can have him or her a draft of my article by Sunday the 25th.

For Issue 18 in December, we will include Jim and Jono's articles, and here
is where I need help.  Jorge and I were chatting the other day about other
articles Jorge could help write, and our well is a bit dry.  We need
brainstorming help from the community on topics they / you would like to see
covered in GNOME Journal.  What is the best way to brainstorm about this?
What ideas do you have?  All feedback welcome!

Paul, I've organized http://live.gnome.org/GnomeJournal/ArticleWishlist a little, so that might help you out. Especially check out the "Development & Functionality" and "End User Value, Deployments" categories.

Of the abandoned articles listed on the Submission Queue page, I'm especially interested in the first three: a GNOME Shell design goals piece, a Seed overview, and a Telepathy Tubes piece. If you could convince Danielle Madeley to write up "Dr Gnomelove: or how I learnt to stop hating Autotools and love the Build" I'm sure it would be useful as well.

If you are still keen on having it be a multimedia issue, you might consider a Brasero review/compare-and-contrast with its competitors, or talking about the spread of GStreamer on mobile devices.

-Sumana Harihareswara