Re: Issue #14 Post Mortem

On 05/01/2009 05:59 PM, Paul Cutler wrote:
* Sri, Ken and Jim each wrote additional articles.  As Claus mentioned
when talking about the release cycle, it took a little prodding, but
they got done.

Which is awesome considering their schedules, and shows a true dedication to the publication.

* Editing:  We need more editors.  I thought I could do it with Jim's
help, but after a few days of editing the same articles, I couldn't see
the forest for the trees anymore.  Even after Jim had edited the
articles I needed help, Lucas pointed out a number of small things that
needed to be fixed.

I wouldn't mind being a second set of eyes if you need me. I would hate to be the "sole" editor of an article though - I'm sure you fixed lots in mine, and I'm scared I'd miss something. I'd rather re-read something after you (or another editor), for example

WE NEED TO MOVE TO WORDPRESS.  Sorry for the caps.  But for many
reasons, including the code formatting in this months edition, the
preview function, and some of the bugs I ran into including one article
that could no longer be edited after a while.  (Very frustrating).  Jim
made a comment that our version of Textpattern is 4 or 5 years old, and
is a preview release.

We are blocked on Jeff Waugh - no one has the login to our test site on
blogs.gnome.org <http://blogs.gnome.org>, and there are no other admins
but him who have access according to Vincent Untz.  This is a high
priority for me over the next few weeks, in addition to working with
Lucas and Josh Adams.  (Lucas on the RSS import script, and Josh on the
WP theme).

I replied to the "call" that was posted to the Planet a while back about the sysadmin team, but I haven't heard anything. I was hoping if some of us could get on that team, it would help alleviate some of those roadblocks.

I would like to say a big thank you to everyone for getting this out.
To the writers, for spending the time interviewing or researching their
subjects and writing about it.  To the editors for fixing grammar,
especially Lucas on finding some last minute fixes.  To everyone who
helped today in providing tips on editing and formatting, such as Claus
for giving me pointers and meuserj who tired to fix the code samples.
And last, but not least, to everyone who blogged, micro-blogged, and hit
up the other social websites to pass the word on.

Let me just say again, Paul, Thanks for everything you did.

Take a deep breath, pat each other on the back and enjoy the weekend.
Come Monday, you'll see me send out another email kicking off issue 15!

w00t!

-jayson