Re: Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams

It was under Creative Commons.  The gnome-journal front page lists that the work is distributed under the CC-SA 2.0 license.

sri

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM, Paul Cutler <pcutler foresightlinux org> wrote:
Sri's idea below about doing a content sharing agreement with groups
such as Red Hat Magazine made me wonder what, if any, copyright GNOME
Journal is under.

We are having a similar conversation about copyright on the
Documentation team mailing list right now as are considering dual
licensing docs under GFDL and CC-SA 3.0.  Luis is part of that
discussion as well, so I took the liberty of copying him on this email
(Sorry Luis!)

Has this been discussed before and I've missed it?  With plans to
publish issue 14 this Friday, I'd love to have this nailed down.  I
don't see any information regarding copyright on the gnomejournal.org,
including on the About page.

My personal recommendation would be CC-SA 3.0 (which includes
attribution).  I would assume that any contributing authors would need
to agree to this going forward?  Do we have to confirm individually
with each author at time of article submission, or is publishing it on
lgo good enough?  What concerns might there be?

Thanks.

Paul