Proposal for a new CMS

Hi all,

It's a known issue that the CMS we currently use for GNOME Journal
namely (Textpattern) has some critical problems. I would say that the
main problems are:

- It's completely unmaintained and outdated;
- It's broken (every now and then the database just corrupts).

Going direct to the point: I'd like to propose that we move GNOME
Journal to the new Wordpress MU deployed in GNOME servers
(blogs.gnome.org). There several advantages on using it:

- It's fully maintained and updated in GNOME servers (and will continue to be);
- It's simple to use;
- It's extensible enough in case we need to add new features to the journal;
- It can have basic multi-language support;
- It covers all our current needs.

Some important notes:

- We'll keep the very same layout and look n' feel that we have now;
- Everyone who currently have access to textpattern will have access
to the new system.

I've already talked with Jeff (who is maintaing Wordpress MU in GNOME)
to setup a new blog and make it available at test.gnomejournal.org.
I'll be doing some tests there with our current layout and content.

Is there any strong objection against this proposal?

Cheers!

--lucasr