Re: Article on Fluendo

Now I have to apologize for the late reply.  My ISP flagged your mail as
spam and I had to go and find it.

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 14:47 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > Here is the first article on a series of articles focusing on GNOME
> > based companies.  I am having Thomas take a first look at it to correct
> > any errors in my interview with him back during GUADEC.  Sorry it took
> > so long! Whew!
> >
> > Thomas if you have anything you want to add, let me know and we can add
> > it (eg new developments or whatever that people might like to know)  Let
> > me know what you think of the article.
>
> Sorry for the late reply, a little swamped.
>
> Thanks for the article, Sri ! It's fun to be interviewed by someone who
> is a part of the comunity and sees it from perspective.
>
> Some notes:
> - GStreamer is written with a capital S
> - Elisa is written with an s, not a z
> - To us, the "consulting on GStreamer" and "developing codecs" is part
> of the same organization within Fluendo, so we see Fluendo as having
> three strategies, not four.  A detail, though.

OK, I will correct.

> Some more important things:
> - from the article it would seem I created Fluendo.  In reality I am
> just the first employee there, with my two bosses, Julien and Pascal,
> having created Fluendo.  I would not want them to be
> under-represented :)

Ah, excellent!  I will fix.

> - The Xiph.org Foundation existed well before us.  So our money did not
> help create them.  We did work with them and paid money for further
> development of Theora and the RTP specifications for Vorbis and Theora.

I will make sure that is more clear.

> Some things that have changed since we talked:
> - The MP3 plug-in, and the patent licenses for the binary, have been put
> in place, so Fluendo is already offering this to people through
> http://shop.fluendo.com/
> - That site will soon contain the first set of plug-ins we will
> commercially sell, so that could be interesting for readers to know.

Coolness!  That's good to know!

> - Fluendo is also working on a DVD player for UNIX/Linux atm.
>
> I will have to double-check with Christian if all the companies
> mentioned in the article can be mentioned.

OK.  Let me know.  Elisa's website says it works with VIIV which I
wonder could mean you worked with Intel on it.  Dunno.  Your call.

> I assume the text still needs to be finished up and rewritten for the
> final article ? Feel free to send me a draft of the finished version.

Yes, I will clean this up and send it back toyou for a final look.

sri