Re: Article on Fluendo

> Here is the first article on a series of articles focusing on GNOME
> based companies.  I am having Thomas take a first look at it to correct
> any errors in my interview with him back during GUADEC.  Sorry it took
> so long! Whew!
>
> Thomas if you have anything you want to add, let me know and we can add
> it (eg new developments or whatever that people might like to know)  Let
> me know what you think of the article.

Sorry for the late reply, a little swamped.

Thanks for the article, Sri ! It's fun to be interviewed by someone who
is a part of the comunity and sees it from perspective.

Some notes:
- GStreamer is written with a capital S
- Elisa is written with an s, not a z
- To us, the "consulting on GStreamer" and "developing codecs" is part
of the same organization within Fluendo, so we see Fluendo as having
three strategies, not four.  A detail, though.

Some more important things:
- from the article it would seem I created Fluendo.  In reality I am
just the first employee there, with my two bosses, Julien and Pascal,
having created Fluendo.  I would not want them to be
under-represented :)
- The Xiph.org Foundation existed well before us.  So our money did not
help create them.  We did work with them and paid money for further
development of Theora and the RTP specifications for Vorbis and Theora.

Some things that have changed since we talked:
- The MP3 plug-in, and the patent licenses for the binary, have been put
in place, so Fluendo is already offering this to people through
http://shop.fluendo.com/
- That site will soon contain the first set of plug-ins we will
commercially sell, so that could be interesting for readers to know.
- Fluendo is also working on a DVD player for UNIX/Linux atm.

I will have to double-check with Christian if all the companies
mentioned in the article can be mentioned.

I assume the text still needs to be finished up and rewritten for the
final article ? Feel free to send me a draft of the finished version.

Thanks again,
Thomas