Re: Article on linux desktop "industry"

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 05:59:13PM -0500, Ken VanDine wrote:
> This would be a very interesting article, let me clear one thing up.
> rPath doesn't actually make money from GNOME development, however rPath
> does ship GNOME as the default desktop as well as provide tools to make
> it very easy to maintain GNOME packages.  Using these tools I can update
> all the GNOME packages to the latest source version in a matter of
> minutes.  Then it is simply a matter of compiling into the repository.
> I can literally stuff this into a nice for loop and let it run
> unattended.  This is how I have been able to get Foresight distro
> releases out on GNOME release day.  So like I said, we don't really do
> GNOME development but we are a tools company that eases distribution.

I figured it was a distro/tools company but I wasn't sure if you guys
were using any desktop tools yourselves and maybe using them?  No
consulting or anything like that?

You might consider what you've just said as a basis of being able to
roll your own desktop quickly for say a corporate network?  You should
write something like that.

sri