GNOME Platform Overview

Hi,

I know Fedrico's working on this, but I'm on the train again ;-)

Here's some stuff on Shaun's docs - Federico, you can use as much or as
little of this as you want. It's two paragraphs... maybe a nice sidebar,
with a small Shaun photo?

Cheers,
Dave.

The GNOME Platform Overview
===========================

Developers building on the GNOME platform often ask for some place they
can go to get an overview of the various libraries and technologies in
the platform, and how they link together in the big picture.

This year, the foundation board decided to invest in just such a
document, the GNOME Platform Overview. At the end of last year, we
contracted Shaun McCance, of the GNOME Documentation Project, to work on
the project. The result is a very useful document describing the what,
how & why of the core components of the desktop, which will helpp all
new GNOME developers.

--
Dave Neary
dneary free fr