Re: [gnome-ir] Discussing proposing new persian gnome-l10n coordinator

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:26 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
Hi Afshin,

Thanks for the mail.  Excuse my ignorance, but would you please remind me of
Mahyar's contributions?  In the past ten years that I've been contributing to
GNOME I don't think I ever heard his name.

Cheers,
behdad

Hi Behdad
I am very glad that you are paying attention about this subject. I have always heard your name as someone who has contributed a lot to free software.
And I am very happy and confident when you are here beside us.
I have had some talk with you in the pas three months, if you remember, about the Translation Project and also about the launchpad translations.

Here is my page on D-L http://l10n.gnome.org/users/moonfriend/
which contains my contributions.
I started to work on gnome translation about three months ago. I tried to gather some new volunteers. as you can see on the persian team page: http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/fa the people there have counted up to 17 which was about 5-6 person at that time.
I am one of Iranian Free Software Users Group (ifsug) members. With some friends there we started a wiki for translators, which we use for translation cooperative work.
I myself have translated about 5-6K strings and uploaded to D-L list as you can see on http://l10n.gnome.org/users/moonfriend/
I also have done some translations on the translationproject.org.
I am also a launchpad fa reviewer and translator.

I have also explained my goals on this thread before. you can checkout on the ML archive.
Thanks again for your consideration

Mahyar Moghimi