Re: Infrastructure | Alias for GNOMEOS Nightly site (#456)

Title: GitLab

Thibault Martin commented on a discussion:

Thanks! Not sure what others think, but I think we should avoid ending up with https://bertob.pages.gitlab.gnome.org/gnome-os-site/ in the end-users’ browser at any point.

I would have thought of either a reverse proxy + something à la mod_rewrite to transparently redirect gnome.org/os to the Gitlab page (but from what you're telling me it's not something we can do?) or os.gnome.org to transparently "serve" the gitlab page.

I also believe we should avoid having both (e.g. gnome.org/os redirecting to os.gnome.org), since it creates unnecessary entropy and could backfire in the future