Infrastructure | Archive mentors-list gnome org and gnome-soc-list gnome org (#384)

Title: GitLab

Felipe Borges created an issue #384:

Requested details

  1. The list name

mentors-list gnome org and gnome-soc-list gnome org

  1. The rationale on why the mailing list should be archived (i.e project unmaintained)

These lists don't see activity at all. Most mentors and students are contacting the gsoc admins directly or using other channels such as chat or Discourse. We now have a Discourse category as a replacement https://discourse.gnome.org/c/community/outreach/334

These lists are receiving lots of SPAM lately.

  1. Whether the list should be aliased to a specific other mailing list address

No.

Additional information

I sent an email about the archival to the gsoc admins list and nobody opposes the archival (can't link here because the admins list is private, you will have to trust me on this one). :)

Thank you!

/cc @averi