Infrastructure | Protect branches in the GNOME group (#186)

Title: GitLab

Abderrahim Kitouni created an issue:

On behalf of @alatiera

A couple of repositories in the GNOME/ group have branches, master and stable, that are not protected on the gitlab side. This became a bigger issue since we started rolling out a CI template that tries to access a protected variable/token in the GNOME group in order to push things to the Flatpak Nightly repository.

I had asked about this feature upstream a couple months ago, but it doesn't look like its planned anytime soon, and they suggest we script it instead for now. Would be nice to also have it run hourly like the ldap sync so branches stay protected.