Re: Infrastructure | Verify gnome.org with Google Search Console (#80)

Title: GitLab

Debarshi Ray commented:

I am on the fence about this old GNOME API key: GNOME old (solar-center-818)

It was replaced three years ago, and the replacement was backported as far back as GNOME 3.20. Debian Stretch doesn't use it, nor does RHEL 7.

Except there's a GNOME 3 PPA for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS that uses the old key. See GNOME/gnome-online-accounts#25 Looking at the metrics on Google's Console, there's indeed a decent number of users.

Part of me wants to keep supporting those users, but the software using the key is so old that I don't know if we can reasonably claim to support it.

Thoughts?