Infrastructure | Can't delete Geary branch `master` (#127)

Title: GitLab

Michael Gratton created an issue:

Per GNOME/geary#324, we are switching the mainline branch over from master to mainline.

I've created the new branch, unprotected the old one and retargetted MRs to the new one in Gitlab, but I can't delete the old name. Clicking the trash button in Gitlab asks me to confirm and does the "please wait" spinner, but that then stops and nothing changes. Attempting to do so from the command line gives:

mjog@blanchefort:~/Projects/GNOME/geary$ git push origin --delete master
remote: ---
remote: You are trying to delete a protected branch.
remote: ---
To gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/geary.git
 ! [remote rejected]   master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git gitlab gnome org:GNOME/geary.git'

This is despite it not being protected in Gitlab any longer.