Re: Infrastructure | GNOME Gingerblue (#39)

Title: GitLab

Ole Aamot commented:

GNOME Gingerblue may be a Free Software program for musicians who would compose, record and share original music to the Internet such as soundcloud.com from the GNOME Desktop.

The project isn’t yet ready for distribution with GNOME 3 and the GUI and features such as sound recording must be implemented and support for the GtkRecordButton needs to be added in GTK+ 4.0.

At the moment I have only released GNOME Gingerblue version 0.1.0, but with very basic features:

Chord Files
Configurable Volume Knob
XML Parsing

The GNOME release team complained at the early release cycle before 0.1.0 in July and Bassi told me to stop this project, but I estimate it'll take at least 4 years to complete 1.0 in reasonable time for GNOME 4 expected to be released between 2020 - 2022 with touch enabled mobile UX and recording.

Purism Librem 5 shipped with GNOME 4 will have microphone jack for the input line, so I assume that it would be easy to do pre-production and recording if GNOME would focus on this project.

You may contact me on ole gnome org or ole aamot community puri sm if you have any questions regarding the development of GNOME Gingerblue. I plan to spend the Christmas working on it.

Happy hacking, Ole