Support contacts changes

Hi,

as you may have been aware the GNOME Infrastructure switched its
ticketing system to a Request Tracker (RT) instance. [1]

The decision to abandon Bugzilla and embrace RT came from the fact we
had an absolutely positive experience with it with two of the existing
queues (accounts, membership) and when switching over more services to
it we tried to replicate the openness and transparency BZ had with its
reports, failing.

While it was true that every single transaction was being posted on
the gnome-infrastructure mailing list users had to look into the
archives for that list hoping to find a reference about a specific
ticket. In addition to the above RT makes it very difficult for anyone
interested but not being the requestor itself accessing a ticket and
looking at what's going on on a specific topic or what the progress is
on deploying a service.

That's not all. The input of our community to tickets dramatically
decreased when RT was chosen as the ticketing system of our choice.
That totally fails our goal to be as much transparent as we can when
dealing with the GNOME Infrastructure. What we want is openness and
transparency, we want our community to provide its valuable input on
specific topics, we want our reports to be open to the public so that
everyone is able to provide a feedback.

For all these reasons we have enabled back our original support
channels through the "sysadmin" product on Bugzilla. The Contacts [2]
wiki page has been updated to reflect all the changes.

I think it's also very important to refer what we found being the
benefits of running RT during all these years. RT seems to be very
handy when it comes to provide the tools to protect the information
reported on queues having a particularly protected setup. That is why
we have decided to keep the following infrastructure-related queues
around:

1. Accounts (for account requests that might include name, surnames, addresses)
2. General (for requests containing IPs, personal and sensitive information)
3. Emergency (for emergency requests that are redirected to our
mobiles, use with caution!)
4. Security Response (for security-related reports we want to stay private)

These queues should be used in case the information you want to report
should stay private.

Thanks,

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/infrastructure-announce/2013-November/msg00001.html
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Sysadmin/Contact

--
Cheers,

Andrea

Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av