Re: first assignment

Howdy,

Thanks for the reply.

git format-patch -1 --stdout > 01-add-puppet-lint-to-puppet-class.patch

Ack. Thanks also for updating the wiki. I went to do that and saw you
did it already! :-)

I believe the patch setup is an inefficient workflow though. First, you
have to merge a patch vs merging a branch essentially bypassing git's
goodness.  Second, if the shallow clone is updated eventually, all of
/home/users work dirs will have to re-copy from the clone vs just issuing a
a git pull, potentially losing work (granted it's puppet and it's not
that complex and you could probably copy out changes and do a manual
diff).  (Plus, patch files are so 90s! :-)  I believe it would be better to
allow each apprentice have his/her own stand-alone branch that could
then be reviewed and merged in by the sysadmin team.  That said I'm
probably spoiled by github and launchpad.net :-)