[gnome.org #14613] ekiga-list

On Fri Oct 31 09:45:29 2014, esignets gmail com wrote:
Hello,

My name appear when I search my name on Google.
I post messages on ekiga-list and I wouldn't want my name to appear.

I only use Thierry as signature and my email don't use my name,
the problem is that my webmail send my complete name.

Can I delete my own messages on the list ? or update my details ?

Hi,

unfortunately it's not possible to delete any existing message from the list, additionally the same emails
were broadcasted around the web so even removing them from our archives would still show them on other
websites like gmane.org.

We are working on a privacy policy but [1] (it being the list rules for each of the lists hosted on
mail.gnome.org) states we won't be able to remove any e-mail from our archives already.

Let me know if you need more details.

cheers,

[1] https://mail.gnome.org

--