From: Tomki Camp <tcamp agari com>
To: Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de>, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl>
Cc: <security gnome org>, <board gnome org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 07:54:06 -0800
Subject: Re: dmarc visibility
Sure.  Very briefly, the benefit of DMARC is in allowing you to see who is
sending email making use of your domain(s) in the RFC 5322.From header,
and whether they are passing SPF and/or DKIM authentication.
Some participating email receivers this visibility comes from: AOL, Yahoo,
Microsoft, Gmail, Comcast, Netease, Mail.RU

There is an optional policy enforcement portion to the DMARC advertisement
as well, if a domain owner decides that their fraud problem is great
enough, and the authentication on the domain is complete enough.

A basic monitor-only DMARC record is a TXT record in DNS of this form:
gnome.org  TXT  "v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:gnome rua agari com;
ruf=mailto:gnome ruf agari com;fo=1”

The spec:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-dmarc-base/?include_text=1

regards,