Re: XSS on your website

Balsa used to be a mail client that Jeff Steadfast I think wrote.  He
had his own website, it might be that we own the DNS name now?

sri

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
See attachment. Wtf is balsa.gnome.org?
Olav

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Xtnrevolt Tunisian <xtnr3v0lt tunisian yahoo com>
To: "security gnome org" <security gnome org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: XSS on your website
Dear Gnome Security Team
I am a cyber security researcher from tunisia i recently discover a security problem on your website
Security type : XSS - cross -site scripting
POC :
https://balsa.gnome.org/publications/search.php?title=&author=Y&keyword=&year=";><script>alert('xss by Ben
khlifa fahmi')</script>
Solution :
use HTMLSPECIALCHARS($_GET['param']);
Thank you for your time
ill be thankfull if you gave me any Acknowledge for reporting this security
Thank you again
Ben khlifa fahmi
Founder & CEO of the Tunisian Cyber Army