GNOME Mirrors

Hi,

I've been polishing a bit our mirrors list and created a little python script to generate the list once per hour. In addition to that I did mail all the current broken mirrors listed on Mango asking for more details about why they decided to shut their mirror down and whether they may want to start it again.

I feel it's time for ftp.gnome.org to be configured to choose the best mirror available from within a specific user's location. Patrick, how does Fedora handle this? also we should probably set up some sort of checkin for current mirrors to be always up-to-date, I feel we can benefit from Fedora's scripts for this as well.

Have a nice weekend,

--
Cheers,

Andrea