Can't search mailing list archives

--------[URL bar: https://www.google.com/custom?q=plugin&domains=mail.gnome.org&hq=inurl%3A%2Farchives%2F&sitesearch=mail.gnome.org ]----------

Google

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /custom was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

This happens in Ubuntu/Firefox both with and without JavaScript. The similar-looking search boxes elsewhere on the GNOME site do work. This is *not* bug 662706: I don't see the second search box it mentions at all.

It appears the problem may be that Google have moved their custom search to /cse, as that is the address I see when using it from another site (where it does work for me).

Workaround: Typing site:mail.gnome.org and the search terms into an ordinary Google search box gives a similarly restricted search.