Re: Volunteer for sys admin tasks

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:13 AM, Tom Barber (ALabs) <tom analytical-labs com> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've worked in the open source arena for years, and whilst surfing the gnome website saw the volunteer for sysadmin duty stuff and would like to throw my hat into the ring.

Technically I'm not a sysadmin, as I come from a Business Intelligence background, but I do administer ~20 Linux servers and know plenty about Apache, MySQL, Java and Puppet.

Looks like sysadmin work to me.. I suppose you mean that isn't your career, but you do that on the side.

I don't know if need more sysadmins or not.  Usually, we don't give the keys over unless you're willing to do other work with other teams.  So if you're around and doing work for the web team for instance or the marketing team then that might be a good start.  As well as non-root work that you can do for sysadmins.

sri
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Thanks

Tom

--

  Tom Barber |