Fwd: [gnome.org #12283] Re: Storing marketing materials

This is forward of transaction #163687 of a ticket #12283
--- Begin Message ---
On Mon Nov 14 08:51:50 2011, allanpday gmail com wrote:
...snip...
> I'd prefer to host on GNOME infrastructure if I can. I can see a few
> issues there though:
>
> 1) No GUI way to download the repository as a tarball
>
> 2) I don't want it to be slow to give new people accounts
>
> 3) Will the accounts team / sysadmin be happy to give git accounts to
> people who might have no knowledge of git and are solely accessing the
> repository through Sparkleshare?

No, I'm afraid this is not ok. The way GNOME git currently works, if you have a git account, you have full
commit access to every repository. As a result, we tend to only approve git accounts of proved developers /
translators and not $RANDOM_PERSON. Can you go over the expected workflow for all of this?

ccing gnome-infrastructure-list@

--
Jeff Schroeder
http://www.digitalprognosis.com