Git mirror of a bzr tree

Hello! I'm interested in creating a (read-only) git mirror of Deja Dup's bzr trunk which lives on Launchpad. This will make it easier for GNOME developers to play with it.

Now, bzr keeps branches in different locations (unlike git which keeps multiple branches in the same tree it seems). So I assume I'd have to keep a 'trunk' branch that didn't change names.

Has GNOME done this before? Is it difficult in terms of maintenance (i.e. would it break down and need to be poked ever)?

-mt