Re: Copyright assignments

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:09:32AM +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le mercredi 13 avril 2011, à 09:57 +0200, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> > >
> > > Where was it documented?
> > >
> > > The only thing I'm aware of is the position of the GNOME Foundation,
> > > which is "ask the board, it will decide; note that we prefer to avoid
> > > that in general".
> >
> > That is what I mean.
>
> May I change the wiki page to say this, with a link to the GNOME
> Foundation stuff? :-) I think that'd be a bit better.

In practice, I am not going to create[1] any Git account for anyone
wanting to put a project which has copyright assignment on GNOME
infrastructure. So if you add that they'd better have existing Git
accounts, fine, otherwise, I'd rather keep it short and clear.

Maybe also add a link to the presentation Michael Meeks gave at FOSDEM
regarding LibreOffice.

[1] Vouching for new accounts for new projects is sysadmin&accounts team
thing. We determine if someone can be trusted. Git accounts for existing
projects is mostly up to the existing maintainer.
Olav