window's / out of space, short-term resolved

Howdy,

breathing room on that file system than we currently have.

Planet GNOME was showing a blank page (0 length index.html file), which on
inspection, was a symptom of window's root file system hitting 100% usage.
I've had a quick look for easy fixes, and a more thorough look for problem
areas.

 1. There was an easy fix in /var/log/httpd -- I manually rotated the log
    for art.gnome.org which should've freed ~4GB, but this didn't last for
    very long.

 2. /usr/local/www/library-web is 18GB (probably unavoidable), while
    /usr/local/www/gnomeweb/.lgo is 17GB (most of which is not in the
    "cache" directory)... I wonder how much that can be reduced?

 3. Looks like as soon as library-web's cron jobs started, a bunch of space
    was freed very rapidly (about 5GB)... at least, I think that's what it
    was... it's not like anyone else was deleting things in the mean time,
    so the most likely culprit appears to be the library-web cron jobs.

I'm going to keep watching it for a little while, but ultimately we need to
take a good hard look at what's using space on window, and do some tidying
up so we have more breathing room when things go wrong. library-web's ~/.lgo
looks like a prime candidate for optimisation.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
The Great Australian Internet Blackout   http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

   I don't know whose brain child it was, but it was quite an ugly child.