Re: www.gnome.org/~USER -> people.gnome.org/~USER

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 02:28:32AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hrm, why bother with the change, given that they can be logically separate
> in the web server configuration? Are you concerned about abuse of domain
> security (by people who are otherwise trusted) or something else?

The Plone instance for the new www.gnome.org is currently on a different
server outside of Red Hat. It should of course be on a Red Hat server,
but if there a sudden need to switch asap, we can now just keep it on
socket (though that is not a good long term option).

Because of that mismatch I don't want it on the same subdomain. I have a
similar doubt about that with migrating stuff from window to VMs. Rather
create the ability now to separate them (websites vs NFS homedirs).

So: no real issue.

And regarding security: I do not trust the scripts of those people, no.
However, I don't care about the XSS security of the current
www.gnome.org.

Olav