Re: Email Research Results

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 04:41:23PM -0600, Christer Edwards wrote:
> I thought I would share some of what I've figured out about the email
> server so far. Maybe some of the veterans can shine some light on the
> edges, and give us all a better picture.

Could you put the current configuration more in Puppet? You need to keep
in mind that theoretically we might have multiple SMTP servers, but you
can ignore that if you want.
Ideally the external machines should also be managed by Puppet
(socket,progress,torrent for now).

Also implement that postgrey (if it doesn't require a custom package).

FWIW, clamd service stopped for whatever reason, pushing the load to ~50
due to the clamscan processes taking a lot of CPU. Also noticed amavisd
seems to viruscan bugmail. Bugmail and git commit stuff should be
delivered directly. Puppet would've started the service before we would
notice there is a problem.

Olav