Re: Upcoming Sysadmin Projects

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 05:58:21PM +0800, Ray Wang wrote:
> Hi Olav
>
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> >> • Remove git repos (607791 and 607793)
> >
> > Should NOT be removed! Setup an Git archive and move them there.
>
> Since I'm very new here, and I'm trying to do those minor changes,
> So I'd like to pick those up to decrease your guys noise.
>
> Could you point out the steps to me that how to address this kind of bugs?

Git archive? No idea. None exists that I am aware of, but perhaps
something exists?

In case of creating something: I guess maybe an /git-archive on
git.gnome.org? Then in the pre-push hook (or whatever) disallow new
commits/pushes by checking the module location. This to allow someone to
just move modules from /git to /git-archive. Then perhaps change cgit to
show archived modules? Also the new git module creation thing should
check if an archived module exists or not.

Anyway, Bugzilla has way more tasks than the initial mail.

Olav