Re: Upcoming Sysadmin Projects

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:01:56AM -0500, Paul Cutler wrote:
> Combobox
> ∘ What VMs should live on Combobox?
> ∘ master.gnome.org (bgo 613033)
> ∘ Snowy
> ∘ blogs.gnome.org (bgo 609717) (Jeff would like to see this as an Ubuntu
> VM)

-1, it should be RHEL. Everyone has their distro preference, but let's
keep it sane. Everything @ RedHat -> RHEL.

> • Remove git repos (607791 and 607793)

Should NOT be removed! Setup an Git archive and move them there.

> Server Maintenance:  I believe there has been some discussion that we
> need to finalize the Puppet setup (correct me if I'm wrong).  Last fall
> Owen also added a number of issues that were in the back of his head
> about things we should finish:
>
> • Version control and mock builds for custom packages (592094)
> • Version control for DNS zone files (bgo 592015)
> • Firewall configuration for Puppet (592018)
> • puppet client daemon not working on puppet (bgo 592018)

Owen fixed this since IIRC.

> • rpm forge.repos on menubar, window and button (bgo 592022, 592023,
> 592066)
> • Automatic updates on extra repos (bgo 592073)

Meanwhile I've implemented something which updates every package.
Perhaps even the ones that are set not to auto-update in RHN (mailman,
maybe others)

> • Procedure: RHN account,new kernels and long term monitor (bgo 592037,
> 592074, 592077, 592079, 592088)
> • Fix mysql logging 606668
>
> Lastly, the Board and the Marketing team have a few requests:
>
> GNOME Marketing & GNOME Board
>
> • CivicCRM:
> ∘ Test install (bgo 606984): Jeff
> ∘ Apply file extension patch (606981)
> ∘ Automate Paypal donations / GNUCash / CivicCRM (613831)
> ∘ Backup CivicCRM files: 606983
> ∘ Lime Survey installation: 609855
>
> The Paypal automation (bgo 613831) has additional information in
> Bugzilla - on behalf of the Board, I'd like to make this a high priority
> - manually importing the data is a labor intensive task and if there is
> anything we can do to help with the automation the help would be
> appreciated.

Paypal automation == development (GNUcash bits and so on), not a
sysadmin task. Though if someone wants to do this, feel free.

Olav