Re: Spam handling in RT3

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:37 PM, Christian Rose <menthos gnome org> wrote:
> To all people who deal with the gnome.org Request Tracker (RT3):
>
> When handling spams that have arrived in RT3, please just set the
> status of these tickets to 'deleted', without commenting on them.
>
> Do not comment on the spam tickets! Commenting tickets triggers mail
> to be sent out yet another time to all RT3 subscribers, and thus by
> commenting the spam tickets you have just doubled the negative effects
> of the RT3 spams.
>
> So please just delete spam tickets in RT3, do not comment on them. Thanks.
>

> Christian

I'll repeat this again: Please do not comment on spam tickets in RT3,
just mark those tickets as deleted in RT3, by setting their status to
"deleted".

Commenting on those tickets causes the spam to be distributed to all
RT3 subscribers *once again*. Why that is bad should be obvious enough
to understand.

Christian