Re: Sysadmin Team Updates

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I had a brief conversation with John Carr today, after a conversation he and
> Owen had at the Summit.  John's been busy at work and hasn't had a chance to
> lead the team as much as he had hoped, and I make a better project manager
> than sysadmin, so I've volunteered to help coordinate the team.  (Don't
> worry, John isn't getting out that easy and is sticking around).

Thanks for stepping in here Paul :)

> I'd like to have us get back to monthly meetings (at least in the short
> term) and I'd like to get some feedback on days and times.  Did Doodle work
> well for finding a time?  We had originally talked about the first Friday of
> every month I believe, and we have a pretty big time gap between Europe and
> the US West Coast, so I'm open to ideas.

I'm pretty flexible about when meetings are as long as they arent when
im commuting and on a train in the middle of nowhere - i'm willing to
put in the odd early morning or late night.

> With all the different projects going on (and other ones we want to do),
> John and I talked briefly about possibly adding a couple more team members.
> What do you think of adding 2-3 more team members to help out?

Obviously i'm on board with this. :)

> If you have any other comments, suggestions, concerns, feedback or questions
> please feel free to reply to the email or me personally.  I'll be sending
> out another email later this week to get status updates and I may ping you
> individually as well.

We need to throw something together for Stormy ASAP - is this related?

> Thanks.
>
> Paul

You rock my world :)

John