Re: GNOME to migrate to git

On 03/19/2009 04:04 AM, Lucas Rocha wrote:
The new git.gnome.org server is now in good shape and contains a functional
preview of all GNOME git repositories. The official migration of all our
Subversion repositories to git will take place just after the 2.26.1
release, on April 16.

Is the current plan that *all* of GNOME SVN will move to git at once? At one point, there was talk of doing the migration gradually during some arbitrary window of time.

Also, has anybody done much experimentation with using git and its various GUI tools in Windows or Mac? I'm going to need some documentation on l.g.o for my contributors on those platforms. I don't mind writing it myself if nobody else has started something similar, but I was wondering if anybody had pointers or words of warning. :-)

Thanks,
Sandy