Re: New module import to git.gnome.og

On 03/17/2009 11:59 AM, Owen Taylor wrote:

Method 2
========

  A) You make sure you have a local copy with all tags and
     branches you want pushed and no other tags and branches
     If you already have a public repository, do:

      git clone --bare --mirror<origin>

     If you don't have a public repository, use 'git branch'
     and 'git tag -l' to make sure that things look good,
     and 'git branch -D' and 'git tag -d' to remove unwanted
     stuff.

  B) You upload a tarball of that to an import script

     tar cfz . | ssh<user>@svn.gnome.org import-git-repos exampleproj

  C) We unpack the input, figure out what is going on, create the
     repository, push into it, enable the commit hooks.

Downsides:

  - A bit more work to write the script
  - Less flexible
  - Still possible to screw up the import by getting A) wrong.

Opinions? Other ways we could handle it?

git-bundle instead of tar?

behdad

- Owen