Re: git status update?

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 15:45 +0100, Frederic Peters wrote:
> Vincent Untz wrote:
>
> > > If there are improvements to be made, you are going to have to let us
> > > know what they are :-). (Lars has been extremely responsive upstream.)
> >
> > (forgot to reply to this, sorry)
> >
> > I think I was mainly referring to some minor TODO items from the wiki:
> >
> >  + Remove pagination in repo list (elsewhere?)
> >  + Fix the sort algorithm for branch and tag names to match GNOME
> >    conventions. For example, TOMBOY_0_12_0 > TOMBOY_0_8_0.
>
> Speaking of cgit, there is also the Last-Modified header issue I
> raised in:
>   http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-infrastructure/2009-February/msg00040.html

Oh, you weren't Cc'ed on the email conversation with Lars.

Basically what we decided on doing (and Lars quickly made a patch for)
was to use the Etag header, which is much easier to provide than
Last-Modified, and provides simiular functionality.

I haven't put that patch onto our cgit install, but should be easy.

- Owen