Re: New push emails

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 22:12 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Hi Owen,
>
> This all sounds like the right thing to do.  I'm a bit confused though.  Does
> the "This commit already existed in another branch" message mean "this patch
> already..."?  Cause I have a hard time seeing how two commits can be the same
> without their parents also being the same.  Or maybe it was just your example
> that was bogus?

Merges.

If branch A is merged into branch B, then the commits on branch A are
now on branch B as well after the merge.

In the example I gave things got a bit weirder because the branch that
was merged into was pushed before the branch that was merged.

Unfortunately there's no identity for patches that are cherry-picked
between branches rather than merged ... they just look like duplicates.

- Owen

> Oh, where did you push the Sumerian Cuneiform shaper BTW?

Heh :-)