Re: HTTP setup on bugzilla-web

Owen Taylor wrote:
There probably still is some cruft there not applicable to current
versions of bugzilla. Could definitely use a run-through by Max.

	The following directives should be removed:

	AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
	SuexecUserGroup bugzilla bugzilla

	Remove all <Directory> blocks entirely.

	You will also need (in the VirtualHost):

	Which should have its DNS pointed to bugzilla-web.

	For now we probably also want (in the VirtualHost):

	With its DNS pointed to bugzilla-web.

If you have an SSL certificate for, we may also want to set up SSL (which will involve Bugzilla configuration as well).

Finally, outside of any VirtualHost blocks, the following two lines need to be added:

PerlSwitches -I/var/www/ -I/var/www/ -w -T
    PerlConfigRequire /var/www/

	They can be before or after the VirtualHost--it shouldn't matter.

If performance is sufficiently improved, we may even be able to remove a
bunch of the anti-scraping protections and let people go at the database
with automated tools. Though we'd likely prefer if they used the XML

Yeah, I'd say we should go ahead and allow it, for now. It looks like all those rewriterules can be commented-out.

Max Kanat-Alexander
Chief Engineer
Everything Solved: Complete Computer Management