Re: git hurdle with translation submission!

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Claude Paroz<claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
> Le mardi 09 juin 2009 à 11:56 +0200, Milo Casagrande a écrit :
>> 2009/6/9 Danishka Navin <danishka gmail com>:
>> > Yes, its possible.
>> >
>> > I have uploaded few Sinhala (si.po) files to Damned-lies, and you will
>> > get commenting facility as well.
>>
>> I don't know if submission (git push) is possible right now via
>> damned-lies, there is/was a plan to do that, maybe people working on
>> vertimus/damned-lies will tell you better (I know there was a pending
>> git account creation problem).
>
> Following the last sysadmin-team meeting, it has been agreed upon that a
> git account will be created for l10n.gnome.org.
> For security's sake, the condition is that a git hook has to be created
> to check that submitted files are valid po files. CC'd our beloved
> sysadmin designated to write the hook :-)
>
> Stay tuned.
>
> Claude
>
>> Otherwise, for now, yes, you need to clone the entire tree to
>> commit+push or you can open a bug and ask if somebody might help you
>> with that.
>>
>> Ciao.

A friendly ping to Sri regarding the creation of the git account for
the submission of translations
through l10n.gnome.org.

The GNOME I18n team would need to have ready and tested soon the
support to submit translations
without requiring direct access to the git repositories (through git account).

Simos

Simos