Re: Making use of sha256sum

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 06:02:53PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> jhbuild has been updated to support sha256 (or whatever) as well. I plan
> to generate .sha256sum files on 'ftp.gnome.org' as well (instead of
> md5sum files). I don't want any trace of md5 to remain, this to ensure

Created around 18000 .sha256sum files for every .md5sum file I could
verify. FTP is being synced atm.

~2000 md5sum files could not be verified. Sometimes just as the md5sum
file references an absolute path (which doesn't exists anymore),
sometimes as apparently the tar.bz2 / tar.gz changed (contents!).

Further, sometimes the .md5sum files are a symbolic link.

Current todo:
 * Fix the md5sum files which reference a absolute path
 * Fix md5sum symbolic links (or maybe remove these symbolic links)

Olav